Exploring The Village
One small village. Four unique Areas.
Locals and longtime visitors break the town out into four areas: The North End, Downtown, Midtown & The South End (AKA Tolovana). Each area has unique aspects to explore.
The North End
Where Ecola Creek meets the Pacific Ocean, there's nothing quite like that view of Haystack Rock off in the distance as you start the winding road down into Cannon Beach off of that first exit to town. On this end of town you'll find:
- Chapman Point - Where locals say you can find the best sand dollars! - where locals say you can find the best sand dollars!
- Les Shirley Park - Great park & picnic area with beach access to the creek side of the beach.
- Ecola State Park - These roads through the magical old growth forest lead up to the stunning views at the top.
- Castaways - Amazing food and delicious drinks!
- Public Coast Brewing Co. - "Beaches forever, beer for everyone!"
- The Kite Shop - "Let's go fly a kite, up to the highest height..."
The heart of the village. Each side of Hemlock street is lined with shops and galleries just waiting to be explored. A complete list of the downtown shops can be found here.
- Skatepark & Playground Park - A great place to get out some energy
- Neptune's Books - Unique rare and used bookstore full of treasures
- B.Boutique - Family owned and operated by long-time locals, we loves this one of a kind clothing boutique
- Chocolate Cafe - Chocolate and sweet treats, need we say more?!
- Ecola Seafood Market - The best and freshest seafood in all of town!!
- Public Restrooms & Parking - because everyone needs a potty break!
- Cannon Beach Spa & Boutique - treat yourself, you won't regret it!
- Seasons Cafe - Absolutely delicious food! We love the tomato, basil & mozzarella hot sandwich.
- Sweet Basil's Cafe - Scrumptious menu cultivated from natural, wild & organic ingredients.
- Sesame & Lillies - Interior design shop - One of a kind treasures. Our property "Owen's Place"
- The Cannon Beach Chamber of Commerce - Visitor Information Center is here!
Located approximately 10 blocks from downtown you'll find midtown - home to favorites like:
- The Wayfarer - classic coastal seafood eats, with a view!
- The Bald Eagle Coffeehouse - perfect marionberry scones!
- Icefire Glassworks - you can watch them blowing glass!
- Sleepy Monk Coffee Roasters Coffeehouse - World Famous! There is always a line but trust us, it is worth the wait.
- Center Diamond Fabric Store - quilters have told us this store is like heaven for them!
- The Cannon Beach Arts Association - Gallery and retail store showcasing original works by a variety of artists.
- Cannon Beach Hardware & Public House - A restaurant in a hardware store. Yup, you read that right! Really good food, a must while you are here.
- Pelican Brewing Company - Indoor and outdoor seating - family friendly!
- The Irish Table - At nighttime, Sleepy Monk Coffeehouse turns into a restaurant! No reservations and the food is exceptional, so get there early.
- Family Market & Funcycle Rentals - Great place to grab last minute beach day items and rent funcycles during low tide.
- Cleanline Surf Shop - Everything you need for your adventures in the water.
- Newman's at 988 - A staff favorite, highly recommend!!
"The South End" (Tolovana)
About 1 1/2 miles south of the center of the village, is the unincorporated community of Tolovana Park. Both The Cannon Beach Property Management office and the Tolovana Wayside State Park are located in this end of town, as well as these fine establishments:
- Sea Level Bakery - The BEST bread and tasty coffee. Owned and operated locally by a very nice family! If you walk in and there's a line don't walk out....wait! You'll be glad you did.
- Fresh Foods - Exceptional grocery store, stocked with a wonderful variety of local and organic products. Forgot something when you packed? Don't worry, Fresh Foods will have it!
- Surfcrest Market & Pizza - wonderful mini market stocked with a great selection of common items we often forget we might need when on vacation! Enjoy a beverage while you wait for your fresh, hot pizza (locals tip: we love bringing pizza to a bonfire!)
- Warren House Pub - Pub fare & cocktails. The warm and cozy vibe is accentuated by the pool table and stone fireplace. Plenty of outdoor seating lends to the casual hangout vibe of the pub.
- Mo's Restaurant - a long time family favorite, now with outdoor patio seating!